Updated: Mar 11, 2019
Circuits are a fun way to work on building strength and cardio fitness at the same time.
Let’s get started….
There’s always a proper planning for any successful journey….
Jot down your fitness goals. This will enable you to stay on track every time you go astray.
Keep only three goals for a quarter that you can achieve.
You’ll be able to track your progress which will keep you motivated. And you’ll be able to stay committed.
Know your BMI.
Check your BMI here …..BMI Calculator.
Why you need to know your BMI?
The BMI (Body Mass Index) is an attempt to quantify the amount of tissue mass (muscle, fat, and bone) in an individual, and then categorize that person as underweight, normal weight, overweight, or obese based on that value. Commonly accepted BMI ranges are underweight: under 18.5 kg/m2, normal weight: 18.5 to 25, overweight: 25 to 30, obese: over 30.
12 minutes cardio circuit workout
Circuit is a fast paced training, where you go from one exercise to another with few seconds to no rest between exercises. After completing one set, there’s one minute break to start the next set again.
One set is for 4 minutes.
You have to perform each set 3 times.
This makes you sweat out like crazy and you can feel the burn. You melt tons of calories with this workout.
Do not FORGET at least 5 min of PRE WORKOUT warm up and 5 minutes POST WORKOUT cool down exercises.
Here are the 8 - First two week exercises you can do at home.
MONDAY to FRIDAY (Keep Saturday and Sunday as rest days)
Each Set for 4 Minutes. 3 Sets everyday (12 Minutes each day workout)
Set of 8 Exercises :-
· 15 crunches ( 30 Secs)
· 15 lunges ( 30 Secs)
· 35 Seconds jogging in place first round ( 35 Secs)
· 15 squats ( 30 Secs)
· 40 Plank jack ( 30 Secs)
· 5 burpees (20 Secs)
· 15 jumping jacks ( 30 Secs)
· 35 Second jogging in place second round. ( 35 Sec)
Each workout is explained below:
The crunch is the most popular abdominal exercise. It works effectively on abdominal muscles removing extra fat from the belly.
· Lie on your back with your knees bent and hands clasped behind your head.
· Keep your elbows wide, squeeze your abs in.
· Lift your upper body from your shoulders to achieve a crunching movement.
· Slowly return to the starting position.
Lunges can be fun. You can do them anywhere. You can see visible results in no time.
While you are dropping that cellulite from your thighs you are actually coming in shape with toned legs and backside as this exercise works on all the major muscles, the quadriceps, glutes, hamstrings, and calves.
Make sure you are doing them right.
How to do lunges:
· Start by standing up straight keeping your feet apart.
· Start with one leg in front the other leg behind keep space between your legs to ensure stability as you lunge and up and down.
3 Jogging in place:
Jogging in place is a very effective way to burn calories thus helping you to lose weight very fast. You can easily do it indoors. Since it is so easy, it is best to incorporate this in your exercise routine. It may seem too easy to be effective but is one of the best cardio exercises. You can also make it a part of warming up while taking the benefits of losing additional number of calories. It is an active rest between more difficult moves.
4 Basic Squats :
Basic Squats is an amazing cardio workout for losing weight.
Squats help in strengthening your lower body making your glutes stronger and toning your thighs
If you are working on building muscles squats works wonders.
Squat is an extremely effective lower body muscle strengthening exercise.
It works beautifully on quads, hamstrings and calves using every muscle of your lower body.
How to do squats:
· Keep your feet apart, slightly wider than your shoulders. Keep your back straight. Angle your feet slightly outward.
· Bending your knees, go down as though you are going to sit on a chair. Keeping your heel firmly dug on the ground, abs contracted. Keep your back straight.
· Slowly go down in sitting position and as you go down push your bum back and stretch your hands forward .Go down as much as you can keeping your back straight.
· From the sitting position raise yourself up keeping your balance while feet still firm on the ground. Simultaneously bringing your hands back to your side.
· Make sure you don’t hold your breath.
· Inhale as you go down in sitting position and exhale as you rise up.
· Look straight up consciously keeping the posture right.
· This makes one rep.
5 Plank Jack:
Plank jack is a great cardio exercise. It raises your heart rate while working both your upper and lower body. It strengthens the muscles of the core and improves stability. It helps achieving flat belly. Plank jack gets your body to tighten and contract all the core muscles while your feet are jumping out and in. Plank jacks target biceps, triceps and shoulder muscles giving you toned arms. They are a real fun and highly effective.
How to do plank jack:
From a high plank position. Jump feet out and in. repeat legs movement as quickly as you can do while maintaining the posture right.
It’s an amazing combination of 4 exercises. It spikes up your heart rate and burns fats.
· Stand straight with feet apart wide, aligned to your shoulders.
· Bend down touching the ground between your legs bending the upper body.
· Bending your knees, keeping hands still on the ground, jump back pushing your legs back and come to a push-up position.
· Jump back to the previous position by bringing your legs back outside of your hands.
· Stand up and add a jump. That completes one burpee.
· Go slow with burpees till you master it as it is a brilliant work out by itself.
7 Jumping jacks:
Jumping jacks are one of the best cardio exercises to burn maximum calories and lose weight.
How to do jumping jacks:
· Stand straight with your legs straight and arms to the sides.
· Your abs tucked in firmly and both the feet resting together on the ground.
· Jump up stepping your feet out on the sides at the same time lift your arms
Overhead, clap at the top Jump again and come back to the starting position.
This also works as an active rest between more difficult moves.
Along with the above work out, follow these 3 powerful habits to bring about a magical progress in your weight loss.
3 POWERFUL FITNESS HABITS TO HELP YOU FEEL GOOD FROM DAY ONE
These fitness habits will work wonders to help you burn your fat
1. Staying hydrated is incredibly important.
Dehydration can be a big hurdle to your smooth fitness routine as it can cause headaches and physical fatigue due to muscles not getting enough water after an activity. This can cause dizziness and dampen your spirits to stay healthy and stick to your plans
· Start your day with a glass of warm water first thing after waking up.
· Lemon infused water can be a great option as it provides fresh flavor to the water. Lemon infusion will make water alkaline and a powerful antioxidant which will promote better hydration and quick weight loss. It is an excellent detoxifier.
Drinking plenty of water is a vital element of good health.
2. Green tea is an amazing beverage to lose weight.
· Make a cup of green tea in the morning a daily ritual.
· Flavor it by adding a dash of lemon juice or try some combinations like ginger, lemon grass for a refreshing green tea experience.
· Just remember do not add sugar.
· A cup of green tea before bedtime can help detoxify and helps in better sleep.
· It lowers bad ……..cholesterol and helps control high blood pressure.
Start with one cup for the first week. Increase it to two cups by the end of second week and gradually to three cups a day if you are trying to lose 15 kgs or more.
Three cups a day is enough to boost fat loss. Do not hurry to start 3 cups too early. And also don’t overdo as anything in excess should be avoided.
Just imagine by enjoying this wonderful beverage you’re melting away fat from your body.
3. Reduce sugar intake in your diet by keeping carbonated drinks at bay.
Avoid cookies, cakes and pastries and substitute these with healthy snacks and fruits. Select foods with natural ingredients
Incorporate these 2 low calorie vegetables in your diet this week.
Don’t miss or cheat on any point along the way as your dedicated efforts will transform you into a slimmer you.
Consistency is the key.
P.S.: You may experience cramps or little muscle soreness 2 to 3 days after exercising. It is very normal. Soreness is a part of an adaptation process that will lead to greater stamina and strength as the muscles recover and build. It decreases as your muscle gets used to the new physical demand being placed upon them.
It is a sign that your exercise is working.
You can get rid of these aches by taking rest, massage or even ice pack if required.
Add magnesium zinc copper and iodine into your diet which will eliminate cramps and pains.
In my next post, I’ll be sharing weight loss diet plan and more exercises and more fitness tips to lose weight. So make sure you master these exercises this week so that you are ready for more.
However, if you’ve just started out, go slow but be consistent. Take longer if you have to till your body gets used to the new fitness routine.
I would love to hear comments from you and also let me know if you are facing any challenge while following this. You can also mail me.